Role: UX Designer
Our first product is a mobile-first platform called Mind Settlers, the Agility Scales adventure app that helps people develop agile mindsets by supporting them as they innovate, building new habits and skills. The platform’s key components are content, community, data and gamification/behavior nudges.
Learn more about it here.
What is the challenge?
We are looking for a UX designer with deep experience and broad knowledge of simplifying the usability of complex platforms delivered through mobile and web interfaces. You will be building out the flow of a mobile-first platform in a remote, fast-paced startup team that values work-life balance.
- Rapid development of a MVP that has to prove market fit
- Improve the UX for the Mind Settlers platform to reduce user confusion, increase value and ultimately create raving fans
Things to be done
- Design and update both mobile and web versions of the platform
- Understand the user journey, including:
- Jobs to be done
- Relationship between technology and its use in real life
- Help extend our Lean UX cycle
We expect from you
- Being self-motivated, a good communicator and able to work autonomously
- Recent experience optimising mobile and web interfaces with a strong skill set in Lean UX, rapid iterative prototyping and fast user feedback cycles
- Being comfortable speaking to users and user testing
- Comfortable creating and testing hypotheses
- Researching and learning from user interactions, from paper prototype to fully functioning product
- Analyzing user data from qualitative interviews and quantitative usage data
- Comfortable working in a collaborative product team and experimenting with continuous improvements (of content, processes, systems)
- Excellent spoken and written English (our company language)
Agility Scales was founded in March 2017 by serial founder, successful entrepreneur, author and speaker Jurgen Appelo. Our motivated, close-knit team is based in 7 countries and are fully remote.
Our mission is to help people, organizations and companies become “shape-shifters.” (Read more here.) We help businesses innovate and adapt – by developing true agility in teams and people. Instead of pushing yet another ‘top down’ change management program or methodology that’s doomed to fail, our efforts support ‘bottom up’ transformation, starting with individuals and their mindsets.
We are completely remote. Work from anywhere you want. Being responsible, you have the freedom and flexibility to shape your work day and find work-life integration.
Want to take a break? No problem, let your team know, stay healthy and spend your time with friends and family.
Paid company retreat
Every quarter we have a face-2-face meeting in a city chosen by our team, so grab your passport and be ready to travel for 2-4 days. We will discuss strategy, product and have team building exercises. (We’ve met up in Lisbon, London, Copenhagen, Barcelona and Amsterdam.)
Flat organizational structure
We’re based in Management 3.0 practices, with more responsibility, autonomy and happiness in work-life than you’ll find in most organizations.
Joining Agility Scales lets you convert any amount of your compensation in company shares, and you are free to change its percentage month by month.
Our compensation and financials are transparent and available to everyone on the team, no shady politics.
We don’t put a salary number against any role, as we recognize that every individual will bring different skills, experience and goals to Agility Scales. They may be able to contribute value beyond the described role or any set number. Instead, we follow a creative process where the person we’d like on our team puts forward a simple compensation proposal to the team for review and acceptance. So far, it’s worked very well!